At the 15th of December the 7th grade had a sleepover in school. They prepared some Christmas crafts and food for selling at the school Christmas market in the afternoon. Ineta and I helped them with the crafts and preparing some snacks for the evening. Then I prepared with them also a healthy dinner as part of my miniproject-“Take care of you and your world”. We cooked together “Chilli sin Carne”, which is a stew out of beans and vegetables in tomato sauce. The students enjoyed the cooking, but for some it was in the end a bit too spicy. After the dinner we played with the students some games like hide and seek. All in all, it was a really funny afternoon and evening with the students 🙂
And here the recipe for all who are interested:
Ingredients (4 portions):
- 1 big onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2-3 carrots
- 400g kidney beans
- 250g maize
- 200g tomato paste
- 500ml vegetable broth
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- Chilli, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Fry the onions, pepper and carrots.
- Add the spices and tomato paste and let it roast.
- Now pour the vegetable broth on and add the kidney beans and maize.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and add them shortly before serving.
Feel free in changing the ingredients with things you like, for example you can also add Tofu or change the vegetables!
You can eat it together with some bread, Tortillas or rice.